Home | FAQs | Contact
Home Projects Meetings About Exchange

Welcome to the Exchange Club of Douglas



Every Vote Counts

sampleYour vote is important. You will help decide the course of this great nation for the next 4 years.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)


History of the Exchange Club

Charles A. Berkey is credited with the founding of this great organization. At his suggestion, the name “Exchange” was selected because the group wanted to exchange ideas and information with like-minded individuals about how to better serve their communities.  

The first local Exchange Club was formed in Detroit, Michigan in 1911. The second was the Exchange Club of Toledo, Ohio formed in 1913. Subsequently, two others were organized in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Cleveland, Ohio. These four clubs were the first to be chartered by the National Exchange Club after it was organized as a nonprofit, educational organization in 1917. Since then, hundreds of clubs have been chartered in the United States and Puerto Rico, with nearly 28,000 members making a positive difference in their own communities everyday.